My take on pain and suicide. (RIP Robin Williams)

edited August 2014 in Main

You don't get to decide when a person shouldn't be suffering from depression. Arguments where people say "well there are people in the world who suffered worse than this individual, so he has no excuse why he took his life" are logical fallacies. If you ever said such a comment, you have no right to complain ever because someone will always have it "worse" than you.

It's times like these where I have to remind people that life is not a suffering contest. There's no real measure of pain; it's all relative to an individual and their thoughts. You don't have to be in bad economic standing or lack support in order to be depressed or even suicidal. Depression doesn't care who you are.

So when you are tempted to get on your high horse and say that a person shouldn't be suffering because there are people who have it worse, think about it, and show a little more empathy and kindness.

Also, if you're tempted to call one who committed suicide selfish, try and be in his shoes and see if you could do any better. The fact is, you can't be in his shoes, so you have no gauge on how much pain he was in or what kind of thought process led him to do such an act. Therefore, you can't tell if he did it just to please himself with disregard with those around him.

Also, RIP Robin WIlliams.

Comments

• Yes, that is quite true, PuppetMaster. It is truly a shame that Robin Williams had done what he did. If only somebody was there to here him out, to share and ease his pain, and remind him of the great things that he has done for the world. Alas that it was not be. Truly, he will be missed.

So, I have a few questions that I would like to ask you, but not here. Would you be willing to listen?

• I'm not really into Star Wars fiction much. I can't help ye, but wish you luck!

• ThePuppetMaster said:

I'm not really into Star Wars fiction much. I can't help ye, but wish you luck!

Okay, but did you get the message in your inbox? What did you think of it?

• ARAJediMaster said:

ThePuppetMaster said:

I'm not really into Star Wars fiction much. I can't help ye, but wish you luck!

Okay, but did you get the message in your inbox? What did you think of it?

Like I said, I don't have an opinion of your Star Wars based crossover fictions because I don't really pay attention much to Star Wars fiction. I wish you luck, tho. :)