Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

This Might Scare Some of You...

A few days ago at my job a co-)worker of mine showed me this picture that I found to be a little unsettling to say the least. The subject matter speaks for itself. It is a giant rat (at least 16+ inches not including the tail) that was killed by a Swedish man at his residence. Now as a New Yorker, I've heard tales of as well as seen a few big rats of my own. But nothing like is pictured here. This thing is positively humongous... And what to me is the real scary part is imagining what something like this eats to attain this size. The mind reels with the possibilities.

• edited March 2014

If you want to include images in your post, you can usually just put in the URL to the image on its own line and it'll automatically be embedded, like so:

• Thanks for your help Simon... Now if you'd like, you can click on either link in my post above for a truly astonishing picture. I just hope it doesn't freak you out like it did some of my co-workers

• Wow, that thing is almost as long as my arm or as tall as a big cereal box. So I guess the stories about rats getting as big as small dogs are true. Sixteen inches is the size of a Chihuahua.

• I don't think that rat is 16" long. Someone is having fun with perspective. Heck, the trap is as long as the rat and I've never seen a 16" rat trap. I realize that some rats get big, I just don't think this is one of them.