Characters to Include in “Thorns and Fire”: Imperials

edited January 2014 in OOC Discussion

Okay now, while I continue writing my Star Wars/Secret of NIMH story, I will be introducing some of my own characters and I may need some feedback on my creations as well as including the characters of others’ characters in the story. I will start with Imperials as they are a huge key in my second chapter and beyond. I will include more characters later on as I reach where and when they are needed.

Captain D’bluth (Male Human, CO of Imperator-class Star Destroyer Krayt Dragon) Tuckerization of Don Bluth

Born on the Core World of Alderaan, Captain D’bluth never thought of himself as a soldier, but rather as a peacekeeper. He had very close ties to the Jedi Order and has been eager to work alongside them. Although Palpatine appeared to be an absolutely faithful servant to the galaxy, D’bluth had his suspicions, especially when the Chancellor had remained in office longer than he should have as well as accepting the emergency powers granted to him during the Separatist Crisis. His fears were realized with the Declaration of the New Order and Palpatine taking the role of Emperor. D’bluth hoped to escape the Empire at one point by resigning his commission, but after the death of Captain Jace Dallin and the prohibition of retirement of officers, D’bluth ultimately had no choice but to remain in the newly christened Imperial Navy. Nevertheless, he wishes to find a way to overthrow Palpatine and his evil regime and restore the Republic to its former values and glory.

Commander Auman (Male Human, XO of Imperator-class Star Destroyer Krayt Dragon) Tuckerization of Gary Goldman

A graduate from the Galactic Naval Academy on Anaxes, Auman has served alongside D’bluth ten to twenty years prior to the outbreak of the Clone Wars. A capable officer and a loyal friend to D’bluth, he has served as an executive officer for seven years. During the Clone Wars, he was the second officer aboard the Star Destroyer Courageous Heart at the battle of Virujansi. But when its commanding officer was killed in action, D’bluth and Auman took up the Commanding and Executive Officers aboard the ship. Both men were promoted to Captain and Commander respectively after the battle. Occasionally Auman can be brash in his decisions, but steadfast and firm in them regardless. He, like D’bluth, has no love for the Empire and berates other officers who over glorify it.

Lieutenant Commander Jaeconli (Female Human, Navigator of Imperator-class Star Destroyer Krayt Dragon) Tuckerization of Jane Leslie Conly

Another officer from the Courageous Heart, Jaeconli was one of the Republic’s finest navigators. Jaeconli originally was a part of a freighter crew a few short years before the Clone Wars broke out. When D’bluth was stranded on a world with growing hostilities toward the Republic before the war began, Jaeconli and her crew rescued him after making a shipment. Jaeconli also displayed a military-like coolness when the ship was pursued by the local planetary authorities, evading the laserfire long enough to make the jump into hyperspace. Jaeconli later enlisted into the Republic Navy after the Battle of Geonosis, and has worked alongside D’bluth since then even into the New Order.

Lieutenant Commander Collin Venator (Male Human, Political Officer of Imperator-class Star Destroyer Krayt Dragon) Tuckerization of HunterxColleen

Hailing from the wealthy and well respected House of Venator, Collin Venator is a braggart and a bully to his comrades in arms—if he actually had friends. He is utterly loyal to Emperor Palpatine and will carry out any of Palpatine’s agendas without question or consideration of the repercussions it will bring to his officers. Under normal circumstances, the captain of a ship he is assigned to would submit easily to him out of fear of retribution from the Emperor or his more dangerous servants. However, under current assignment to the Krayt Dragon, D’bluth is one of the first officers to actually stand up to Venator and not fear him.

Cadet Officer Rena Tanazaki (Female Human, Stowaway from Anaxes Imperial Academy) Tuckerization of Stitchpunk89

A newcomer to the Imperial Military, Cadet Officer Rena Tanazaki is considered to be brash and rather overly eager for battle. Her dreams, according to her, are to become the one of the galaxy’s greatest starship captains ever. Rena has much to learn, however, that captains earn their stars and stripes; their titles are not just simply handed out like recruitment pamphlets. After coming across references to Captain D’bluth’s exploits during the Clone Wars and earlier, she wishes to serve alongside him. Whether by accident or design, the duty rosters had somehow assigned Rena aboard the Krayt Dragon among the bridge crew. While D’bluth suspects the latter—either by herself or with an accomplice—and is willing to request an inquiry on the matter, D’bluth allows Rena to stay aboard until everything is cleared up.

J-3PO (Jay-Threepio) (Male Protocol Droid, D’bluth’s assistant) Tuckerization of John Pomeroy

More or less a servant and secretary to Captain D’bluth, Jay-Threepio, or simply Threepio, prefers the comforts and security of relaying news and instructions from others in the Empire to his master rather than go into combat whether it is outside or inside the ship. He is faithful to his commanding officer despite being only an administrative and protocol droid. He has restricted, but critical information concerning the NIMH experiments which he divulges to D’bluth on the return journey back to their own galaxy. D’bluth will then erase any memory after that conversation of any references of NIMH for his own security.

Comments

• I think that it would be interesting to see how this plays out on screen.

• NIMHmaniac said:

I think that it would be interesting to see how this plays out on screen.

Thank you for saying so. Also, what did you think of “including” the people above based on their real life references?

• I’ll be honest here: though I’ve seen both trilogies, and had bought all of the first trilogy on VHS, I’m hardly the biggest Star Wars fanatic in the world. I would do miserably in a trivia contest, and I wouldn’t have any hope (a New Hope?) of developing any fan-fiction of my own; in fact TSoN is the only property for which I’ve done so. But you’ve obviously put a lot of time and energy into developing your characters, and I’ll be looking forward to seeing the finished product.

• DavidLeemhuis said:

I’ll be honest here: though I’ve seen both trilogies, and had bought all of the first trilogy on VHS, I’m hardly the biggest Star Wars fanatic in the world. I would do miserably in a trivia contest, and I wouldn’t have any hope (a New Hope?) of developing any fan-fiction of my own; in fact TSoN is the only property for which I’ve done so. But you’ve obviously put a lot of time and energy into developing your characters, and I’ll be looking forward to seeing the finished product.

David, I’m so glad that you think so about my characters. But just so you know, almost everything that you read is basically a tuckerization, except for the Anaxes Imperial Academy, meaning I based everything off a name or a personality. In fact, I came with the name of D’bluth‘s Star Destroyer, the Krayt Dragon off of another work of Don Bluth’s, Dragon’s Lair. Though I have never played it or even will, I thought I’d do it as a small tribute to Mr. Bluth and his game.

Anyway, I do a lot of research on Wookieepedia, the wiki site of Star Wars for information on already existing characters and ships as well or try to see if anything that I come up with does not appear at all in any form in Star Wars media already.