Updated Thorn Valley

edited July 2017 in News

Just made a major update to the main Thorn Valley site as part of my plan to transition as much as possible to a static site. Here’s a list of changes:

• New layout and design that looks like something out of this century
  • Removed some older writing/content that I wasn’t particularly proud of
  • Added back some links to defunct NIMH-sites, courtesy of the Wayback Machine
  • Moved the content from Robin’s FanFic Archive and NIMH: The Final Experiment sites over to the new site; the old sites now just redirect to Thorn Valley. This also means that submissions are a manual process, so work-in-progress submissions won't be accepted to the site proper anymore; I'll link to off-site works-in-progress though if wanted.

At the moment the transition isn’t complete and there’s still work to be done, but at least now the site doesn’t look like some horrible product of the late 90′s/early 2000s now. Anyway, please let me know if you find any weirdness or bugs.

Comments

• Hey Simon,

I’ve been meaning to bring this up for some time: the old missing link! The old forum is still up, so shouldn’t it have a link in a prominent spot? It’s included in at least one post in the forum, but as long it still exists, it ought to be easily accessed and prominently displayed, IMHO.

This would be also be a good place to mention that Robin’s FanFiction Archive has been officially deactivated =(( , with all links now redirected to the Stories section here at TV.

• @DavidLeemhuis said: Hey Simon,

I’ve been meaning to bring this up for some time: the old missing link! The old forum is still up, so shouldn’t it have a link in a prominent spot? It’s included in at least one post in the forum, but as long it still exists, it ought to be easily accessed and prominently displayed, IMHO.

Alright let's just cross our fingers Davey, so that Simon can get to that task.

I hope Simon gets to that task, I got my fingers crossed!

I hope Simon gets to that task I got my fingers crosssssed!

Crossed? Crossed! Crossed? Crossed. Crosssss......

ed.

• ^^Just me being silly btw. I'll see about asking him about it.

• I wanted to regenerate the forum archive into something more complete/correct, but I'm starting to get ennui over it. I might just turn it into an archive.org link, we'll see.

• I've added a link to the old forum archive to this forum's navbar. I haven't gotten around to regenerating it, but whatever. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

• Thanks for the link to the old Forum, Simon. I can read the Texts in the old posts without a problem. :) This is what matters to me. So I have no problem if it remains that way.

• If you want to see the old forum as it originally appeared, it's still here:

http://www.thornvalley.com/oldforum-crawler/www.thornvalley.com/commons/forum/index.html

• It's been awhile since I have taken another look at the old forum archive. It sure does bring back a lot of memories.

• Thank you for the link, DavidLeemhuis. The texts in the forum archive bring back quite some memories, but the pictures in the original posts bring back some more.