Keeping up with Randomness

I decided to take TPM's suggestion of posting whatever comes to mind on the forums so that people can get to know each other. :) Feel free to reply or just say what's been going on as well, 'cause I check on these forums a lot and I'll be reading all that's posted in here. ^^ Consider me this thread's resident creeper-at-the-window. XD

As for me, I've been doing unusually well with my mood. Lots of bad stuff is happening, like my dog running away yesterday, horrid doctor's appointments happening more than once a month since September or October, and trying to quit sodas failed. (I have no self discipline and I don't think it's the caffeine since I can drink Sprite Zero and IBM Root Beer which has none and be fine, too) But somehow I'm a lot more up and going than usual.

Been drawing as usual, but also picked up cross stitching, which is fun. ^^ I've learned how to crochet and my Grandmatron is so happy with teaching me that I'll probably keep that up, too. XD

Also been playing a few videogames. Mostly Pokemon, because logic. Also a lot of MMOs that are free to play with an option of subscribing so that I can mess around and know that I'm actually going to play a while before I dig into my wallet. Star Wars: The Old Republic is updating right now, which is how I found the time to type all this. :B And I've been doing pet battles in World of Warcraft, because Pokemo-I mean....Logic... ;D

Been really wanting to stream games or start a youtube channel, (all for me and friends, I'm not really all that interested in being youtube famous.. D: Sounds terrifying...) but I'm not sure I've got enough blah blah blah in me. :P

Hope you guys are all doing well today. <3

Comments

• I can't play WoW anymore. I lost too many years to it and looking back, the game demanded much of me, but didn't give much of anything back in return. Good you enjoy it, tho! I personally couldn't stand it. If you have a group of friends, tho, I'm sure it's fun. n.n

Three fancy games I'm playing: The Witcher 3, Diablo 3, and Splatoon. So far I highly recommend Splatoon for Wii U owners, even if you're not into multiplayer shooters. Running into an octopus version of Willem Dafoe at the plaza sold me on it pretty quickly. :P

As for quitting soda, yeah, I have to do that too. It kinda messed up my gastrointestinal tract b/c I would constantly drink diet soda while staying at the dorm and I got hooked on caffeine b/c of it. It's a hard habit to kick because water seems so unsatisfying to drink in comparison. Esp around where I live, the water isn't great. I recommend doing it slowly and drink some water along with the soda and slowly reduce your soda intake while increasing your water intake. That's what I gotta do.

YouTube and streaming is where all the terrible people come out to play, so I'd highly recommend limiting your exposure to just your friends. Not trying to deter you from it, I've just seen people who couldn't handle the hate/abuse they got over YouTube or Twitch. It looks like you already know this, tho. Being YT famous isn't all that fun. :/

Hope you're doing well. n.n

• Yeah, I know a lot of people dislike WoW for the same reason, but since I don't actually have anything that has to be done in it's place, I'm okay with it. XD Honestly, I'm drifting from it because of the subscription and the thought that it's not being played enough to justify...But I also just topped 50k gold on my main, which...Usually I only have 4k tops and never had more than 6k...All with the battle pet system and the AH. XD I've become obsessed with buying a level 1 and leveling it to 25 to double if not triple the sale price. >.>

I've played Diablo, but have no friends who play, so I just got to level 11 or so.. :( I've seen Splatoon, and it looks epic! I want it to be the next game I actually buy, but I'm not 100% sure yet if it'll be the very next. >.> It'll definitely be bought though. :3

And yeah, the youtube thing died off when I realized streaming would be tough since my friends all PLAY These games and youtube would be useless too for that. XD I may actually do some art or something once I get the proper motivation. :) Been drawing a lot lately, but scanning sucks so bad.. >.> takes me 3 minutes to scan one picture 'cause my printer is poop and makes me send my scans through email 'cause it won't read my comp..x.x so 10 images will be 30 minutes of standing there to push a lot of buttons over and over and over.. >.O

Which is why I want to do art streams since I'd be using my tablet and not worrying about scanning.. :3 If anyone's interested in watching, I'll be announcing twitch-times on FA and such probably, so you can get in touch with me here and I'll be like "Oh this is my FurAffinity name and such, but I'll leave that up to people who haven't already got me on there..^^

• pokepokes

Whatcha up to these days? n.n

I should get into the Pokemons again now that I have a good 3DS. n.n

Let's get these forums up and running again! (haha, I'm talking as if these forums were popular in the first place. n.n)

• SO glad you asked. :P

I got Splatoon finally sometime in October, I believe and got SUPER into it even though I fail at it. XD It's amazing. <3 I love the music, even though it's not necessarily something that would get stuck in my head..>.> Can't sing it and all that jazz.. Oh no.. D: Chicago is in my head now..x.x

Anyway...Pokemanz!!!! Obviously lots of pokemanz. And I finally beat Ocarina of Time, which...Was my first ever console game.. :I I beat it within the last few months and I've been gaming since I was like...12..x.x Earlier if you count handhelds.. I'd say I'm getting old, but considering my youthful gewd lewkz, we'd all know I'm lying. :P or am I lying about that?

I got a tablet with my christmas money and as much as I hate Apple because of my first ever computer that was MINE, I got a freaking iPad Pro 'cause I can already use Android apps with my phone..>.> I'm enjoying a fish game similar to Spore's beginning levels where you swim around as a single celled organism. :)

Family's not doing too good, though..My sister got into a wreck at some point around October (I don't really remember dates well, and I've slept since then. ;P ) And my aunt's cancer is finally catching up to her. They caught it too late because she was a nurse and figured she'd find it if it popped up..v.v Cancer runs in the family, though, which sucks. I'm worried about her kids, too, 'cause her boy has had a problem with drugs in the past...And as much as I'd like to trust and believe that he's past that and he can handle it, you can never really tell. And her girl is shy and I'm not sure she'd talk to anyone about it if she was feeling down.. :(

Onto something happier, though. I don't want to be a downer right now. :3

I've been avoiding socializing like the plague, but those of you who have me on skype or somesuch shouldn't worry, I'm fine. :) I just decided I don't want to deal with people that bother me constantly while I'm adjusting meds, which I'm doing. Though you can still poke me when I show up as offline, 'cause I'm usually just hiding. XD Sneaky Mandy!

Anywho, get in touch with me if you get one of the new games and I can give you PokeRUS or something..>.> Or we can just trade and battle and goof off. :B I'm not picky!

I try to check this forum a lot, but I guess I've been slacking if I missed the last few days of people talking. :O Gotta pick up the slack!

Fuzzles to you Fuzzies. <3 ^^

• On my end, I'm kinda going through an anime obsession. Early last year, I got into Dragonball Z, watched all the fights and movies, and thought, "Hey, this is pretty cool!". It gained some momentum in July where a friend and I binge watched all of Attack on Titan. It really kicked off once I watched Mirai Nikki, and I haven't been able to stop myself.

I've watched 11 other animes since then, and I'm starting on the 12th. I guess I'll use my post to recommend some of them to you all.

First and foremost, Sword Art Online is great for newcomers. The English dub is pretty good, the story is great, and it's pretty clean and safe for kids.

If horror's your thing, then Higurashi is the one for you. The first episode is kinda slow, but after that, it's blood everywhere. The story doesn't make much sense until the end, and even then you'll still have questions. It's best to just roll with it, kinda like the next one...

Attack on Titan is probably the most epic thing you'll ever watch. Like "Chuck Norris riding a golden Pegasus with 'O Fortuna' playing in the background" epic. There's not much else to say about it, other than it's probably not for kids.

Dragonball Z is probably the most well known on this list, spawning the "Over 9000", "Imma firin' mah lazer", and other memes. It's got a bit of a learning curve and a lot of filler, but has a fantastic dub with its own score by Bruce Faulconer. Some of the greatest fictional duels are in DBZ, 4 of which almost destroyed the Earth. If you can wade through the filler, DBZ is very enjoyable.

And here's the last one I'll give, Clannad. Probably the most okay for kids to watch on this list, providing they can read fast enough to keep up with the subtitles. Make sure you have plenty of tissues lying around, 'cause this anime is really sad.

As far as games go, I've been playing a lot of indie games like From the Depths, Dwarf Fortress, Yandere Simulator, and Minecraft(not that you can call it indie anymore D:< )

Other than that, not much going on with me.

• Well, a big blizzard is going to happen here. They're even saying it could get up to 30 inches of snow. It snowed here on Wednesday for a total of less than a half inch of snow, and I ended up getting stranded away from home due to all the accidents and having the bus I was on slide and get stuck.

So to put this into perspective: less than a half inch of snow caused DC to basically shutdown, so I'd assume 30 inches just might be a tiny bit worse. Just a tiny bit, tho.

• I'm of the "snow haters" of Texas. Here, the only weather we know how to drive in is Clear, Sandstorm, and partly cloudy. XD We got a few inches of snow about a week and a half or 2 weeks ago and omg... o_o Also our draining system for rain sucks, so when we got tons of it last spring and summer it flooded the roads at least 5 times and people got stranded the ENTIRE TIME by trying to drive through it..x.x

On another note, I never really watched much anime. :( It can't hold my attention when it's subbed and dubbed anime gets the worst voice actors possible like it's some sort of competition.. D: And I like the art sometimes, but other times it makes my teeth hurt from grinding them so hard 'cause I don't like the art style. :c

And on another 'nuther note, my Grand Matron had a kind of stylus for her ipad laying around and didn't use it so she gave it to me. o_o I have been having endless fun with it. XD Even with some cruddy art program that has ads on it 'cause it was free. :B I almost cussed about the art program's terribadness before remembering I shouldn't..>.> You're welcome, Simon. :D

Keep this update stuff up! It's fun to read. <3

• Well, my aunt passed away a week or two ago, so I've been sleeping a lot, 'cause the whole family's stressed. Just glad she doesn't have to deal with pain anymore, and she was having serious trouble for the past few years, so most of us were prepared for it mentally.

When I'm awake, though, I'm playing lots and LOTS of warframe, which I realized is actually fun when you're not running around with poopy weapons. :3 Been having a blast. ^^ Got a companion on there called a Kubrow and I thought she was going to be a pudgy little thing, but then she grew more and is skinny. >.> I already named her Pudge, so now it's an ironic name. :B

Also playing some World of Warcraft still, not as much as before, though...I have a project on the tablet going where I'm going to draw every pokemon in Kanto, then depending on where I get with that, may continue on to the other regions. It's going to be fun. ^^ The pencil came in finally on like...the 5th, so I've been messing with that a lot. :3

Hope you guys are doing good. ^^

• I'm doing pretty well. Sorry about your aunt.

• Zootopia and 10 Cloverfield Lane are pretty legit movies. Hyrule Warriors 3DS is also a treat (with the new model 3DS). I'm lazy otherwise I would go more into detail about stuff. How many of y'all have seen Zootopia and enjoyed it? n.n

• DON'T SPOIL IT!! D8 I will cry and NO ONE wants to see a full-grown female cry into her cat...It's awkward for everyone, including the cat.. XD

I've been doing better and better, mostly because I've been invisible on skype almost constantly, which keeps people away until I want to talk unless they're annoyingly persistent.. glares at her list of friends ANNOYINGLY PERSISTENT!!! And I'm sure you can tell I've had my share of caffeine this morning. :D

Doctors appointments are driving me crazy though. I finally got to see a General Practitioner for a checkup and she recommended 3-4 other doctors that she decided to up and make the appointments for, which I..turned most down 'cause really.. >:T I'm not going to let her push me around! (It has more to do with insurance and money issues, but we can pretend I'm tough. XD) That and the Psychiatrist is adjusting meds which means I have to go back more often and my blood work needs to be done again..x.x Too...many...doctors..

I've been drawing a lot. :D The pokemon art is going...okay...Oddly enough I got stuck on the first rats I came across.. >.> I keep drawing them so distorted into my style that it's hard to tell that they're pokemon and also hard to fit them into the collection.. :c

OH!! But the fusion pokemon are really -ermalurd- fun! <3 I won't list them even though there's like...6-7... I wouldn't want the last of the Thorn Valley goers to die of boredom. <3

Last, but not least, Mini-Mothwing says "Ermalurd ermaburd!" Because Mini-Moth...Obviously. <3

• @Mandy said: DON'T SPOIL IT!! D8 I will cry and NO ONE wants to see a full-grown female cry into her cat...It's awkward for everyone, including the cat.. XD

No spoiling here. It is a good movie, tho. n.n

I've been drawing a lot. :D The pokemon art is going...okay...Oddly enough I got stuck on the first rats I came across.. >.> I keep drawing them so distorted into my style that it's hard to tell that they're pokemon and also hard to fit them into the collection.. :c

Good! If you don't mind, can we see some of your drawings (totally up to you)?

As for me, working still and taking a class. Life's been alright.

• Sure, if you want more than just my stuff on Thorn Valley in the fanart section (which I understand 'cause it's rarely updated..>.>) I'm on FA as Blueness and Deviantart as DisposableMutt, I don't want to post a link 'cause I'm not good with the code this forum uses and when I preview the link I make for the pictures end up posting 2 broken image icons in it and if I use the image button, it shows up with one broken image icon..x.x

Mandy fail. XD

I've been playing lots of games, still, and just finished some pictures I'm really proud of, so I'll be posting EVERYTHING to those sites as soon as I can. ^^

• As a note, I'm probably going to disable logins to the Gallery at some point soon. When I do the new revision of the site, I'm going to have an archive of the art currently posted there, but I won't be allowing new uploads; the tumblr site will take over for that.

• @Simon said: As a note, I'm probably going to disable logins to the Gallery at some point soon. When I do the new revision of the site, I'm going to have an archive of the art currently posted there, but I won't be allowing new uploads; the tumblr site will take over for that.

It's sad to see that there hasn't been much art posted in the gallery as of late. When I first joined back in 2006, it was quite an active part of this site. I have been wanting to log into my gallery account so I could probably upload a few more things, but I have forgotten the password to it and the password recovery page doesn't seem to work when I input my username.

• @Nimhster said: It's sad to see that there hasn't been much art posted in the gallery as of late. When I first joined back in 2006, it was quite an active part of this site. I have been wanting to log into my gallery account so I could probably upload a few more things, but I have forgotten the password to it and the password recovery page doesn't seem to work when I input my username.

I somehow missed this. Feel free to email me (seoman at thornvalley dot com) and I can reset your password and such.