Introduction from a fieldmouse who found his way into Thorn Valley

Greetings, I have come across this site and forum a few years back, I think. It was probably during a time when the old forum was still in use and didn't think about joining at the time as far as I can remember. But now, I recently came across this site and forum again while researching ideas for a NIMH related fan fiction story I'm trying to work on, and decided to join this time.

Anyway, to introduce myself, I go by the name of Erik Mouse. When I came across this forum not too long ago while researching ideas for a NIMH related fan fiction, I had thoughts of introducing myself here as Timothy Brisby because I really like him and feel like I'm connected to him for some reason, but felt doing that might lead to confusion. One of the reasons I feel connected to Timothy Brisby is because I had a custom made three foot Mrs. Brisby plush made some years back with permission given to me by MGM, and I feel attached to it for some reason like it feels like its my mother when I cuddle with is. I don't know how to explain it, but that is just about how I feel when I think about it.

If someone decides to bring up discussion for a NIMH related RPG or something along those lines, I might decide to be involved with it as Timothy Brisby since I could probably role play him. However, as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to NIMH 2 or Timmy to the Rescue goes, that doesn't feel right to me as I don't like the way certain characters and things were portrayed in it which, imho, doesn't feel canon to the Secret of NIMH movie to me. If I were to role play as Timothy Brisby, I would prefer the younger one with the over-sized green shirt than the one portrayed as the hero in NIMH 2 with the blue shirt since that doesn't feel right. The reason it doesn't feel right is related to a few NIMH related dreams I had some years back that seemed like sequels to Secret of NIMH that were the following:

1. Secret of NIMH: The Cursed Stone - Which has to do with an amulet (similar to the one seen in Secret of NIMH) being found just outside the Brisby Cinderblock Home by Mrs. Brisby (after it was left there sometime ago by someone) that turns out to be cursed as it causes damage to her home, and forces the Brisby Family down into an underground tunnel where they hear an echo of a rat voice from somewhere that sounded like Justin mentioning something being a 'Chrome Dome Plan' to someone else. This has Mrs. Brisby thinking Justin is here somewhere, but they find no signs of any rats recently being there after further investigation. Finding it eerie with the feeling of lingering essences from rats that have been down there, the Brisby Family heads back toward the safety of their cinderblock home, but then find a hidden passageway that leads into a hidden catacomb located under the Brisby Home that was created by the Rats of NIMH when they used to be hiding under the rosebush. At the same time, this is being read as a story in the real world by a boy named Erik Todd who has found and is reading an old book called the Lost Sequel to the Secret of NIMH in the library of his grandmother's house (kinda like the Neverending Story). He continues reading the story to the point where Mrs. Brisby and her children come across an old mirror left there by the Rats of NIMH which some hieroglyphics suggesting it serves some purpose. As Mrs. Brisby examines the mirror further, she touches it and her and her children's reflection change to that of Erik reading a book in the library of his grandmother's house. Upon reading this, Erik gets surprised and thinks there is no way it can be him, but then he turns to check out the old mirror in his grandma's house to see a view of Mrs. Brisby and her children standing there in the catacomb. Even though they appear to look the same as how they look in the Secret of NIMH movie, the appear more realistic looking than animated and a bit shorter than Erik. This gets Erik to check the mirror out while Mrs. Brisby puts her paw through the mirror from the other side and then enters into Erik's world from the other side. After introductions and settling things, the story continues with Erik finding them a place to stay for the time being in his world.

2. Secret of NIMH: The Timothy Chronicles - Which has to do with evil rats having revived Jenner and is gaining strength to attempt to take over everything including Erik's world. With the Brisby Family being in danger of Jenner, it ends up being up to Timothy of the Brisby Family to journey to faraway places in search of answers and to get help stopping Jenner.

3. Secret of NIMH: The will of the Brisby Children - Which has to do with Mrs. Brisby herself becoming very ill with something and the Brisby Children, afraid they are going to lose their mother, end up going on a journey in search of a cure for Mrs. Brisby.

I'm thinking #2 and #3 can probably be merged with each other with Jenner having something to do with Mrs. Brisby's illness. If any of this interests you enough for me to begin writing it up in a fan fiction story, let me know because then I can start putting it part by part in the fan fiction section on here.

Also, I'm the one who has the BrisbyHome.com site which had to do with NIMH related stuff as well as running the BrisbyList which had traffic in the past. I also have the 'Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH' book which was a good read, and have an RPG Book called 'Big Ears, Small Mouse' that gives ideas related to RPGs. I'm not sure what I could provide here or if you decide you might want my help with something, as I can draw pictures that are sorta good, but I'll soon provide some of my NIMH related stuff here to see what you think.

Comments

• Welcome to the forums Erik. :) If NIMHmuck still had more than 3 active members, I'd point you over there, but I suppose since there's already a Timothy on there, it may have been a bad fit anyway. :(

I'm Mandy...In case you didn't see my username. XD I use the name everywhere, so if you see a Mandy, that's me. :) I hope you enjoy this place. <3 It may not be super active, but I always have fun around the members. ^^

If you need anything, I volunteer Simon to help you. :D I'm sure he knows everything....He can't be of this planet.. o_o

Hope to see you around a bit! :D

• Oh, hey! Welcome to the forum! If you get enough interest in your RPG ideas, I'd be more than happy to help with that. We do have a roleplay subforum, but it hasn't been used much at all.

• Welcome to the forums, Erikmouse! Glad you could join us!

I remember your BrisbyHome.com website well, and was a little bummed to see it gone. I would love to see the content you hosted on the Brisby Home and Brisby List again if possible! :)

• Mandy Welcome to the forums Erik. :) If NIMHmuck still had more than 3 active members, I'd point you over there, but I suppose since there's already a Timothy on there, it may have been a bad fit anyway. :(

I'm Mandy...In case you didn't see my username. XD I use the name everywhere, so if you see a Mandy, that's me. :) I hope you enjoy this place. <3 It may not be super active, but I always have fun around the members. ^^

If you need anything, I volunteer Simon to help you. :D I'm sure he knows everything....He can't be of this planet.. o_o

Hope to see you around a bit! :D

I think part of the reason the activity on the NIMHmuck has been declining is probably due to these multi-user 3d worlds being out there.

I think one nice way and may be nice to see, is someone looking into 3d mmorpg tools such as those on whatmmorpg.com/3d-mmorpg-makers.php and created something that is NIMH-based with mouse and rat characters.

Also, if you are saying Simon can't be of this planet, then perhaps you mean he should go to Wrong Planet which is catered toward those with autistic and aspergers. giggle

Simon Oh, hey! Welcome to the forum! If you get enough interest in your RPG ideas, I'd be more than happy to help with that. We do have a roleplay subforum, but it hasn't been used much at all.

Well, I'm hoping there is interest in my RPG ideas that would be enough to get the roleplay subforum in use more again.

Nimhster Welcome to the forums, Erikmouse! Glad you could join us!

I remember your BrisbyHome.com website well, and was a little bummed to see it gone. I would love to see the content you hosted on the Brisby Home and Brisby List again if possible! :)

In that case, I'll need to see what is going on with the hosting of BrisbyHome.com and see about getting it working again. What had happened to it, is it got shifted from one hosting provider to another and seems to not be correctly accessible on the new host.

As for the Brisby List, it is still currently on Yahoo!, but activity seems to have declined there a bit.

• I think part of the reason the activity on the NIMHmuck has been declining is probably due to these multi-user 3d worlds being out there.

I think one nice way and may be nice to see, is someone looking into 3d mmorpg tools such as those on whatmmorpg.com/3d-mmorpg-makers.php and created something that is NIMH-based with mouse and rat characters.

Nah, plenty of text MUCKS still out there that are populated.

• @ErikMouse said: Also, if you are saying Simon can't be of this planet, then perhaps you mean he should go to Wrong Planet which is catered toward those with autistic and aspergers. giggle

^^ I'm not 100% sure how to respond to that. Can't tell if you're jabbing at my comment, or the thought of Aliens. :3 Either way, 's cool.

Anyway, I looked through that forum and it's pretty interesting..I know it was posted in response to my joke, but I enjoyed reading a bit of it. :D So thanks.

XD And there is no doubt in my mind that Simon's an alien. I don't trust that he has no temper, he's extremely smart, and his job is amazing.. >.O It's totally not jealousy and I swear I'm not just sucking up. >.> Though now that I think about it, that'd be smart...

SIMON IS THE BEST OMGBKSJDGB!!!! ;)

• XD And there is no doubt in my mind that Simon's an alien. I don't trust that he has no temper, he's extremely smart, and his job is amazing.. >.O It's totally not jealousy and I swear I'm not just sucking up. >.> Though now that I think about it, that'd be smart...

SIMON IS THE BEST OMGBKSJDGB!!!!

Simon aint an Alien! He's an AI mouse (I think)! :P

Nerdy musmus he be. n.n