How to Contact Jane Leslie Conly

So, I’ve been poking around the ’net, looking how to get in touch with the author of the last two books of “The Rats of NIMH”, but I have had no such luck so far. The only results I am getting are how to contact the companies that sell her books, maybe some publishing companies, but no Jane Leslie Conly. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to contact her? Should I ask the publishing companies on whether or not I can contact her, or would she rather be left alone in peace?

Comments

• Typically you'd send a letter to the publisher that is addressed to them (e.g. Author Name, c/o Publisher). For what I hope are obvious reasons, authors don't typically publicize contact information.

• Would you be willing to share why you wish to contact her? That way I can better answer your last question. n.n

• ThePuppetMaster said:

Would you be willing to share why you wish to contact her? That way I can better answer your last question. n.n

I’m thinking that we need a book that actually got into the details of the NIMH escape, and that told us more about Jonathan Brisby. That is what I am getting at.

• ARAJediMaster said:

ThePuppetMaster said:

Would you be willing to share why you wish to contact her? That way I can better answer your last question. n.n

I’m thinking that we need a book that actually got into the details of the NIMH escape, and that told us more about Jonathan Brisby. That is what I am getting at.

I'm not sure if you've seen or read Stephen King's "Misery". I myself have only seen the film. But to get to my point, asking an author to make a book to please fans instead of allowing the author to write when inspired and willing is going to end up not being fun for anyone.

I want Willem Dafoe to star in "Baby's Day Out: Part 2", but I'm not going to get it. I think there's pleasure in that because if I were to get it, then my fun of imagining it would be over and it would simply be a reality. That and the fact that it probably just wouldn't be as fun or funny as my interpretation of it. You can write your own story of the NIMH escape and share it, though!

So no, don't bother writing to her to start a writing project. Books can't magically happen and the process is more tedious than it seems.

• edited March 2015

ThePuppetMaster said:

ARAJediMaster said:

ThePuppetMaster said:

I'm not sure if you've seen or read Stephen King's "Misery". I myself have only seen the film. But to get to my point, asking an author to make a book to please fans instead of allowing the author to write when inspired and willing is going to end up not being fun for anyone.

I want Willem Dafoe to star in "Baby's Day Out: Part 2", but I'm not going to get it. I think there's pleasure in that because if I were to get it, then my fun of imagining it would be over and it would simply be a reality. That and the fact that it probably just wouldn't be as fun or funny as my interpretation of it. You can write your own story of the NIMH escape and share it, though!

So no, don't bother writing to her to start a writing project. Books can't magically happen and the process is more tedious than it seems.

Fine. But Simon has given me his answer already. In truth, I want to ask permission from her if I can develop my own story based on the characters. It may be unlikely that she may grant me that permission, but I want to hear her answer for myself.

• ARAJediMaster said:

ThePuppetMaster said:

ARAJediMaster said:

ThePuppetMaster said:

Fine. But Simon has given me his answer already. In truth, I want to ask permission from her if I can develop my own story based on the characters. It may be unlikely that she may grant me that permission, but I want to hear her answer for myself.

My guess is that if you're not making money off of the story, not taking or plagiarizing any statements or portions of the book/movie, and not publishing it as canon or original, then it's fair. I'm not well versed on this country's poor excuse for copyright law, but I'm fairly certain this is the case. In any case, you'd want to contact the publisher and not Conly, as they own the rights to the NIMH property.